Are you experiencing tooth pain or sensitivity? At Hover Dental Group, Dr. Casey Kochevar is trained in root canal therapy, a treatment designed to relieve pain and save your natural tooth.
Understanding Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a dental procedure used to treat infection at the center of a tooth (the root canal system). It involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it, and then filling and sealing it. This treatment is often necessary when the pulp, which contains nerves and blood vessels, becomes infected or damaged.
Root canal therapy is typically recommended for:
- Teeth with deep decay or large fillings that have become infected
- Injured or cracked teeth
- Severe tooth pain or prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold
- Swollen or tender gums near a painful tooth
- Discoloration or darkening of the tooth
The Root Canal Process
The process of a root canal generally involves a few steps:
- Examination and X-ray: To determine the extent of the infection.
- Local Anesthesia: To numb the area and ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
- Pulp Removal: Accessing the pulp chamber and removing the infected pulp.
- Cleaning and Sealing: Thoroughly cleaning the chamber and root canals, then filling and sealing the tooth.
- Restoration: Often, a crown is placed on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- Pain Relief: Effectively alleviates pain and discomfort from infection
- Tooth Preservation: Allows you to keep your natural tooth
- Prevents Further Infection: Stops the spread of infection to other teeth
- Improved Oral Health: Contributes to overall dental health and well-being
- Appearance and Function: Restores the appearance and function of your tooth
Regain Comfort and Confidence in Your Smile
If you are experiencing symptoms that may require root canal therapy in Longmont, Colorado, do not wait. Contact us at 303-684-9777 or book an appointment with our dentist. We are committed to providing you with a comfortable, stress-free experience and the highest quality of care.