At Hover Dental Group, we are committed to ensuring that your experience with us is as comfortable and successful as possible. That is why we provide personalized post-operative care instructions tailored to the specific treatment you may have received from Dr. Casey Kochevar. Following these guidelines will help you recover quickly and maintain the results of your procedure. Please read them carefully and adhere to them for your health and comfort.
Dental Filling Post-Op Care:
- If you receive anesthesia, please avoid eating until the anesthesia wears off to prevent possible injury to your cheeks, lips and tongue.
- It is normal to experience some sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures, as well as pressure after your appointment. This should subside within a few days.
- If you notice any sharp edges on the filling or if sensitivity persists, please contact us.
Dental Crowns Post-Op Care:
- Refrain from eating for at least 30 minutes after your procedure to allow the crown to set properly.
- You may experience some sensitivity and gum soreness. Warm saltwater rinses can help alleviate discomfort.
- Avoid sticky and hard foods that might dislodge your new crown. If your crown feels loose or uncomfortable, get in touch with us.
Dental Bridges Post-Op Care:
- Eat soft foods until you feel comfortable with your new bridge.
- Clean under and around your bridge with special floss or aids — we can show you how.
- If you feel any discomfort or if the bite does not feel right, contact us for an adjustment.
Veneers Post-Op Care:
- It is common to experience some gum sensitivity after your procedure. Gentle brushing and flossing can help.
- Avoid biting into hard objects that could chip the veneers.
- Contact us if you have any concerns about the placement of your veneers or experience ongoing discomfort.
Teeth Whitening Post-Op Care:
- Avoid foods and drinks that can stain your teeth for at least 48 hours after the whitening process.
- You may experience tooth sensitivity. Use toothpaste for sensitive teeth if necessary and avoid very hot or cold beverages.
- If sensitivity increases or persists for a prolonged period, please reach out to us.
Root Canal Therapy Post-Op Care:
- Do not eat until the numbness has completely worn off.
- Avoid chewing on the side of the treated tooth until it is fully restored by a permanent filling or crown.
- Some tenderness in the area is normal and can last for several days. Over-the-counter pain relievers can be used as directed.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Post-Op Care:
- Rest for the remainder of the day; avoid any strenuous activities for the next 24-48 hours to reduce bleeding and aid in healing.
- Use the gauze pads placed over the surgical area and bite down gently but firmly to reduce bleeding. Change pads as they become soaked with blood.
- Apply an ice pack to the cheek nearest the extraction site to minimize swelling, using it for 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off for the first 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat soft, easy-to-chew foods. Avoid using a straw, spitting or rinsing vigorously for the first 24 hours as this can dislodge the blood clot forming in the socket.
- After 24 hours, gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water (1/2 teaspoon of salt in a cup of water) after meals and before bed to keep the area clean.
- Take any prescribed medications, including painkillers and antibiotics, as directed by Dr. Kochevar.
- If you experience severe pain, excessive bleeding, swelling that worsens after two or three days, or a reaction to the medication, contact us immediately.
For any concerns or questions following your treatment, do not hesitate to contact us at 303-684-9777. Our dentist and team in Longmont, Colorado, is here to ensure your recovery is as smooth as your visit.